15.10.11

A Beautiful Fall Day and Cream Tea

 



Today was absolutely gorgeous. Cool fall day, utterly clear blue sky, warm sunshine, and the beautiful grounds of Petworth house to see. After walking through Petworth house, which felt like a miny art museum, we walked through the grounds and I was able to sketch the house. And…afterwards we went to a tea shop! It was a little place with little chairs and tables and we had a cream tea, which is tea and scones with clotted cream and jam. It was delicious. They served you with tea cups that weren't matching, very cute! Even driving home down narrow country lanes with the autumn sun filtering through the leaves was a treat.

Here are pictures of todays adventure...



                     




8 comments:

  1. Everything looks so cool! When I grow up I'm going to have a kitchen like that. I feel like the house was used in Cranford or some other movie. The tea things look lovely!
    I love you!!!
    oxoxoxox
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was cool. Haha, the kitchens were huge! There is even a place to roast a whole pig. :) The front of the house definitely reminds me of Cranford or Jane Austen.
    xoxoxo
    I love you!!!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    I posted tonks on my blog!
    I love you!
    oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Abby, I think my heart just jumped over to England! =) Thank you for sharing about your trip! If you do't mind my asking, how did you go about enlarging your photos and header? It is so pretty and looks lovely. ♥, Lindsey Bullock

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Lindsey! I don't mind at all! I first went to template designer and chose the "simple" template. I believe you can do this on other templates, simple is just the one I chose. Then I wrote a test post, uploaded a picture, and made the picture "large." Previously I had only made my pictures medium because when I chose the large option my horizontal photos wouldn't fit. Then I went to adjust widths in template designer and adjusted the "right sidebar" and "entire blog" until my "large" photo fit in the posting section of the blog. I think I made my banner longer using much the same process, by starting with a long photo and adjusting the widths. I hope this helps!
    Love,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi abby, the scone looks really yummy :P haha
    Ev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you. Libby has caught the Christmas music bug to :^)
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete