8.10.11

Fall Sunshine and Canvaswork

Fall has finally arrived here after a week of 80 degree weather. I'm loving it! The other day I was stitching and happened to look up to see dark clouds rolling in out of one of the classroom windows and warm fall sunshine out of another. It rained for a couple minutes and then suddenly became sunny again and I could see a vibrant rainbow. The rainbow came down in front of a tree in the gardens, it's the second rainbow I've seen touch the ground! I didn't have my camera with me but this is the view out of one of the classroom windows. 


I've started my second technique, canvaswork. The inspiration for the design came from the American folk artist, Mattie Lou OKelley's work. Her paintings are wonderful, we have a book full of them at home. So I mixed her style with a picture of our homestead and came up with this. I started stitching yesterday! 

I'll be posting more pictures of my canvaswork as it progresses.

Love,
Abby



2 comments:

  1. Your view is amazing! It's so cool that you saw a rainbow touch ground!
    I love you. <3
    Anna

    ReplyDelete